Shaq and the Super Lakers is a segment on Mad TV. It is done in the parody style of a children's animated TV series hosted by Shaq (Aries Spears) where it teaches children valuable life lessons. Only two segments aired, one of which was a Christmas special titled "Shaq and the Former Lakers" due to Shaq's real-life trade to the Miami Heat in 2004. It features other members of the Lakers such as Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone and Gary Payton.
Shaq and the Super LakersEdit
In this episode, the Super Lakers play against the Roaches, who are coached by a manipulative man. Using Kobe's love for giving pretty white girls his autograph, he has the girl claim false accusations of rape against Kobe, causing him to be arrested under the belief this will keep the Super Lakers from winning. However, Shaq and the other Lakers are able to win the game without Kobe's assistance and he is freed of all his charges. This was a parody of Kobe's real-life sexual assault charges in 2003.
Shaq and the Former LakersEdit
In this Christmas-themed episode, Shaq competes against his former team, the Los Angeles Lakers, who are now being coached by the former coach of the Roaches. Finding it impossible to beat Shaq and the Heat, the coach decides to use Shaq's love for Christmas against him and claims that if Shaq doesn't sit on the bench, there will be no Christmas. This allows the Lakers to surpass the Heat until Baby Jesus ascends down and talks to Shaq, informing him that Santa doesn't exist and Christmas is all about him as it is his birthday. Shaq, crying after learning Santa doesn't exist, holds Kobe upside down by his ankle, slamming his head repeatedly on the floor as he helps the Heat win. Shaq then punches the coach and exchanges gifts with Kobe, where they both are revealed to have given each other bombs as a present.
- Shaquille O'Neal - The main protagonist of the series. He is shown to be the best player on the Super Lakers/Heat.
- Kobe Bryant - The main deuteragonist of the series. He is shown to be the second best player on the Super Lakers.
- Gary Payton - A player on the Super Lakers known for his catchphrase "I'm just saying!" in the first episode. Gary's voice sounds similar to that of real-life actor and comedian Chris Rock.
- Karl Malone
- Mad Dog (First episode only) - The, wise-cracking, English dog player of the team known for his catchphrase "Indubitably!" In the Shaq and the Former Lakers, he mentions that he has been euthanized in the opening.
- Roaches' coach - Main antagonist of the series. He is usually resorting to dirty, manipulative tactics in order to hinder the Super Lakers/Heat and help the team he is coaching to win.